Friday 6 January 2017

My 2017


Hey everyone!


A friend of mine asked me what my 'resolutions for 2017' were the other day, and while reciting off the list I realized I hadn't wrote resolutions but a to-do list. After a bit of reconsideration, I have formed a small list of things I want to achieve for myself in 2017.

1.  Get my license.

I have debated getting my license or moving for a long time, and I've finally reached the conclusion that getting my license and a car would be more beneficial to me in the long run. This year I'm making it my mission to get my license.

2. Travel more.

I've always wanted to travel the world but I never thought I would have the money, that was until I looked into inter railing. After seeing how much it would cost my friends and I bit the bullet and booked a 15-day inter-rail holiday, to day I am excited is an understatement! So I guess I'm halfway there with this one!

3. Don't spend so much time my your phone.

For the last year or so I've become very dependent of my phone, a characteristic I am not particularly fond of. I spend too much time scrolling down my social media feeds and waiting for snaps back when I should be doing something else. It's sad to think that I needed to have my internet on 24/7 when my friends were sitting directly in front of me! Time to kick this habit to the curb.

4. Get fit....again.

This isn't the typical "I need to go to the gym and lose weight" cry you hear at this time of year. Fuck the gym, I never liked going there so I'm not going to force myself or spend the money on it. I'm an outdoors-kinda-girl - running, walking, swimming, hiking, stuff like that. I like feeling physically fit and capable, but in the last few months I've let myself slip. I've had a little chat with both myself and my inner chunky monkey, and we have agreed this is the way forward from now on.

5. Plan ahead.

For a organizational freak I've been seriously unorganized with my life lately. For the first the last couple of months I've been just floating around doing as I see fit, and then I remember I have an entire essay that's worth 100% due for tomorrow on a book I have yet to read. Not fun. I've promised myself that this year I will start actually writing things down so that I may get some actual sleep, something I haven't had since about 2006.



So, there you have it! There's my 5 resolutions, and why, for 2017. I've always found that if you have a solid motive for doing something, you're more inclined to get it done. Start slow, and aim higher as you go!

-Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment